ladyelevator

sketches.crafts.projects.rollerderby.kitties

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Audrey II

My husband's birthday was Monday, April 12th. Over the weekend we took separate trips to Athens, Ga. I was going to a Classic City bout after work and he was going record shopping and touring the Terrapin Brewery. We met for dinner and got back early Sunday morning. The next day we both had practice (me: roller derby, him: band) Being so wound up in ourselves we didn't notice our oldest cat wasn't quite herself. We make a vet appointment for Tuesday and since I had it off I took her in. She isn't the most cooperative cat so I expect it to be an all day thing bc they usually have to sedate her to get near the problem. After explaining that she's been lethargic, barely eating and isolating herself the vet gets a little too close and she hisses at him. He noticed that her breath was foul and he explained that it could be a few problems: stomach, kidneys or diabetes. I leave. Hours later I get the call that her bloodwork was not good. She was severely anemic and her kidneys were failing. I call Adams and we drive to the vets. After a further explanation and thinking that she was going to go any minute without a blood transfusion that may only prolong the agony we decide to take her home. We spent the night stealing glances at her to make sure she was still with us. Today was the same story. We took her outside because that was one of her favorite spots. I can't express how heart-wrenching it is to see such a vibrant cat reduced to a feeble pile of fur. I've been mourning the loss of her even though she is still with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home