ladyelevator

sketches.crafts.projects.rollerderby.kitties

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Closing draws nigh.

Closing on our house is Friday. I can't believe we're almost there. Loads of repairs have been and will be made by the seller. We're so lucky that it's a buyers market.

We've picked out colors for the rooms that need it (bedroom, teevee room and my craft room) and my parents are going to take care of that. Score! The perks of having a handy father in the painting business. Adams and I have already decorated this place in our heads. We've picked up some freebie furniture: couch, loveseat, coffee table, record table and antique sewing machine thanks again to my parents. The 1st, 2nd and last coming from a house that my dad is painting, the owner recently went into a nursing home and the son is clearing out the house to sell. We are going to have a lot more room to fill at the new place and not a lot of furniture to fill it with. Technically we could do that with books. Oh jeebus! books!  I should try my hand at making furniture out of novels....it could work.

We went by the place last week to check on some of the work that had been done, gutters were installed. Half way down the street there was a white cat with black markings lying in the middle of the run. As we get closer we notice it's a Hitler cat. It had the mustache AND hairline! And it made no attempt to move as we drove around it. As we get to the driveway there is a smaller b&w kitten. This is the first time we've noticed any neighborhood cats there. Our current neighborhood is a drop off spot for abandoned cats being right near the river. We've lucked out and meet some real sweethearts.  Currently we've taken up with a solid black male that Adams christened Otto. We've thought about taking him with us to the new place, but have regrets that we may not be able to give him all the love he needs while taking him away from what he knows. I think it would be a shame not to bc there is another black cat that bullies him. But knowing that Hitler cat lives in our new neighborhood, along with the neighbors dog (which is fenced, but still a dog...) I don't know if that would be better.

Otto loves head scratchin's and I like watching his light claw against his dark fur.


I've never been so busy in my brain and other wise. There is so much to think of right now: derby issues, work changes with my boss leaving, craftyfeast, the Regulators bout and getting everything settled with both places. And that's all before the 18th of July. ugh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home